Please note: There are two main routes for the tour after you depart the market, depending on the tour guide and water level.
7:30am: Your guide will meet you in the lobby of your hotel bring you by car to your boat at Ho Chi Minh City’s central pier, Bach Dang.
7:45am: The boat departs and you slip away from downtown Saigon via narrow canals, and enter the verdant green tributaries of the Mekong Delta. A light breakfast is served on board.
8:45am: Enjoy a brief stop at the ornate, overwater Tuong Van Pagoda, while your guide explains the importance Buddhism to many people of the Delta.
9:30am: Visit a bustling, colorful riverside market full of local curiosities, tropical fruits and all manner of fish and shellfish. Great photo opportunities!
10:30am: Reach the idyllic watery expanses of the Delta itself, known as the Delta of Nine Dragons for the 9 tributaries that splinter from the main Mekong River.
10:45am: Turn off the delta into small, winding canals of the Thu Thua area, shaded by a canopy of foliage as you drift along lazily.
Depending on the route, you will visit a local pottery workshop, a traditional riverside house with huge Burmese pythons as pets, a quaint Mekong village and surrounding rice paddies, and then a traditional farmhouse where you’ll sample coconuts and Mekong whisky.
Or you will visit a local merchant and try a range of Mekong produce, and whisky and wine. You’ll walk along the banks of the river to a traditional rural Vietnamese house where 3 generations live, before exploring a charming village where you can try fresh coconuts from the tree. This variation provides fascinating insight into life in the Mekong Delta region.
Please note: Our tours are flexible. Your guide may combine parts from both routes.
12:30pm: Enjoy a traditional Mekong Delta lunch at a local pagoda prepared by our private chef. After lunch, you will visit an orphanage run by Buddhist monks.
01:30pm: Visit a colorful Cao Dai Temple.
02:30pm: Return to the speedboat and depart for Ho Chi Minh City.
04:00pm: Arrive back in Saigon. Les Rives’ staff will return you to your hotel by car.
Please note that due to the individual nature of the tours, times are approximate and can vary slightly.
– Breakfast and lunch
– Unlimited refreshments and local fruit
– English-speaking guide
– Entrance fees and hotel pick-up drop off.
– Adult: VND 2,362,000*
– Child (under 12 years old): VND 1,697,000*
– There are two main routes for the tour after you depart the market, depending on the tour guide and water level
– Bring your camera! The Mekong Delta is one of the most beautiful regions of Vietnam, and there many opportunities to capture classic images of rural Vietnamese life as you travel.
– We also recommend wearing comfortable walking shoes, light clothing and a hat.
– In November to February, we suggest you bring a jacket for the early starts.
– Soft drinks, water and fruit provided during the boat journey are included in the overall price and not subject additional charge.
– Please request vegetarian or Halal food options 24 hours in advance of your tour. Please note a surcharge will be incurred.