Discover the land of myths and legends when cruising ‘the bay of the descending dragon’ (Halong Bay) on a traditional wooden junk. Explore Van Long, where steep limestone formations rise from magnificent green rice paddies and wander through the streets of imperial Hue and charming Hoi An. This trip truly highlights the natural and cultural wonders of Vietnam, combined with a relaxing beach-break in between.
– Hanoi is the center for economy, politics and Vietnamese culture, one of the most attractive capital cities with romantic boulevards and colonial houses, visit some popular destinations like Ho Chi Minh Mausolem, One Pillar Pagoda,….
– Embark on small boat to discover the spectacular rice-field, this spectacular sites such Phat Diem Cathedral – harmonious coordination between pagoda’s and temple’s architecture, discover Van Long – referred as the Halong Bay on land.
– Halong Bay is one of the new seven wonders of world with numerous islands and lime-stones, have chance to enjoy the seafood in sea, mixing yourself with the nature.
– Hue – the city of peace and poetry, take a ride bicycle along the side of the Perfume River to discover surprising landscape, visit the Citadel and the Royal Tomb of Emperor Tu Duc, Minh Mang and Thien Mu pagoda, Tu Hieu pagoda.
– Discover the oldest pagoda of Hoi An, visit Japanese Covered Bridge, Chinese’s street, Phung Hung’s House, market and ancient port.
– Nha Trang is one of most beautiful routes in Vietnam with Cham Ponagar and Long Son Pagoda, take a small boat to a tropical island in Nha Trang Bay, free time for relaxing, swimming, snorkeling from the boat.
– Da Lat – the Central Highlands, has many natural and artificial landscapes such as Xuan Huong Lake, Tuyen Lam Lake, visit the city with flower’s market, station and villas of Emperor Bao Dai.
– Visiting the floating market of Cai Be and taste fresh tropical fruits, Cai Rang is the biggest market floating in Mekong Delta, exposing hundreds of goods typically for tropical region.
– Discover the bustling city of Saigon ( Ho Chi Minh city ) , visit some attractive destinations such as: The Central Post Office, the Notre Dame Cathedral and Ben Thanh Market,…
Day 1: Hanoi Arrival (D)
Upon arrival in Hanoi, you will be welcomed by our guide and transferred to your hotel. Hanoi is one of Asia’s most charming cities, with romantic boulevards and colonial houses. The rest of the day is free for exploration. Welcome dinner at a local restaurant and overnight in hotel.
Day 2: Hanoi City Tour (B)
Full day is spent on the visit to Hanoi – capital of Vietnam. In the morning, you will visit mausoleum of Ho Chi Minh President (close on Monday and Friday), and the One Pilar Pagoda, which is famous for the unique architect of Buddhism belief. Also the Temple of Literature “the first university in Vietnam”, founded in 1076, the Tran Quoc Pagoda, one of the oldest of the country and the Quan Thanh Temple, founded between 1010 – 1225 are on the program.
In the afternoon, we visit the Museum of Ethnology (closed on Monday), featuring a wonderful collection of art and objects from throughout the country and different tribes. Then, we make a cyclo tour (1h) through Hanoi’s Old Quarter and visit of Ngoc Son temple and Hoan Kiem Lake. In the evening you can enjoy a performance of the traditional Water Puppet show. Overnight in Hanoi.
Day 3: Hanoi – Hoa Lu (B)
After breakfast we drive to Ninh Binh. Visit Phat Diem cathedral, harmonious coordination between pagoda’s and temple’s architecture. Transfer to Van Long, referred as ‘ the Halong Bay on land’. Then, go to the wharf by bicycle (about 2km) crossing a typical village with visit to a traditional house. Embark on small boat to discover the spectacular rice-field. Overnight in Ninh Binh.
Day 4: Hoa Lu – Ha Long Bay (B, L, D)
Departure to Halong Bay via Thai Binh and Nam Dinh. Arrival in Bai Chay around noon. We embark our traditional wooden junk to discover this spectacular site. Halong Bay is a natural wonder, with numerous islands and lime-stones rising from the emerald water. Fresh seafood lunches and dinners are prepared by our cooks and served on board. It is also an ideal opportunity to enjoy the sea, mixing yourself with the nature. Overnight on the junk.
Day 5: Halong Bay – Hanoi – Flight to Hue (B, L)
We visit the floating fishermen’s village and continue to visit Ha Long Bay with numerous islands. Around noon, about 11h30, return to the port where we disembark and drive back to Hanoi . Transfer direct to Hanoi Airport for the flight to the ancient capital of Hue in the evening. Check in at the hotel. Overnight in Hue.
Day 6: Visit Hue ” the city of peace and poetry” (B)
In the morning, you will visit Hue, and the surprising landscape. You can ride bicycle along the side of the Perfume River and stop at the famous Thien Mu Pagoda . We will visit the pagoda and catch a boat to visit the Royal Tomb of Emperor Ming Mang .
In the afternoon, visit the Citadel and the Royal Tomb of Emperor Tu Duc founded between 1864-1867 by three thousands soldiers and workers. If you have enough time, visit of Tu Hieu Pagoda. Overnight in hotel.
Day 7: Hue – Danang – Hoi An (B)
In the morning we start one of Vietnam’s most spectacular routes, the Mandarin Road, to Hoi An. We pass the Hai Van Pass (Ocean Cloud Pass), a mountainous highway offering splendid views over the South China Sea. We visit the Museum of Cham Sculpture in Danang, exposing antique artifacts of the former Cham Kingdom, before arriving to Hoi An. We arrive in Hoi An and visit Japanese Covered Bridge, Chinese’s street, Phung Hung’s house, market and ancient port. Finally, we visit Chuc Thanh’s pagoda – the oldest pagoda of Hoi An (1454), built with Chinese bonze. Overnight in hotel..
Day 8: Hoi An – My Son – Quy Nhon (B)
Departure to My Son – 70 architectural works built between VII and XIII century. Then, transfer to Quy Nhon in passing through coconut plantations. Overnight in Quy Nhon.
Day 9: Quy Nhon – Nha Trang (B)
After lunch, visit of Thap Doi and transfer to Nha Trang (230km – 5h on route). The road from Quy Nhon to Nha Trang is one of most beautiful routes in Vietnam. Then, we will visit to Nha Trang with Cham Ponagar and Long Son pagoda. Free time for relax. Overnight in Nha Trang.
Day 10: Nha Trang (B, L)
In the early morning you take a small boat to a tropical island in Nha Trang Bay. Possibility for swimming, snorkeling from the boat. The rest of day is free for relaxing. Overnight in Nha Trang.
Day 11: Nha Trang – Da Lat (B)
Today we leave the coastal area and join the Central Highlands – Da Lat. Da Lat was founded as a hill station to enable the colonials to escape the heat of Sai Gon. The city is located around a lake and surrounded by forests, waterfalls and rolling countryside. We will visit the city with flower’s market, station and villas of Emperor Bao Dai. Overnight in Da Lat.
Day 12: Da Lat – Saigon (B,L)
In the morning, departure to Saigon , former name of Ho Chi Minh City passing through numerous coffee and rubber trees plantations. Arrival in Ho Chi Minh city in the afternoon. During a city tour you will visit the Central Post Office, the Notre Dame Cathedral and the Ben Thanh’s market, passing the Saigon’s river, old streets, Ton Duc Thang and Nguyen Hue avenue . Overnight in Saigon.
Day 13: Saigon – Cai Be – Vinh Long – Can Tho (B, L)
In the morning, departure to Cai Be (140km – 2.5 hours). Embark our private boat to visit the Mekong Delta until stopping in Vinh Long. Discover the charm of the Mekong Delta visiting the floating market of Cai Be and taste fresh tropical fruits. Lunch at a local house with their specialty «Elephant ear fish». Then, continue to Can Tho on route. Arrival in late afternoon. Check in the hotel and overnight in Can Tho.
Day 14: Can Tho – Saigon (B)
In the early morning, visit of floating market of Cai Rang, the biggest market floating in Mekong Delta exposing hundreds of goods typically for tropical region. By rowboat we explore the canals, by passing locals rowing up and down to the market. After the market, we visit the Binh Thuy temple and Khmer pagoda. In the afternoon you will be transferred back to Saigon. Overnight in hotel.
Day 15: Saigon – Departure (B)
Free time until your transfer to the airport for your home or next destination. Check out time: 12h00 .
– Hotels first class 3 stars (base on 2 persons/room) as mentioned in the program
– Meals as mentioned in the program (B = Breakfast ; L = Lunch ; D = Dinner)
– Air-conditioned private vehicles for all transportations
– English speaking local guides
– Boat trips as mentioned in the program
– sharing comfortable boat in HaLong Bay with private cabin
– Domestic flights (Hanoi – Hue) in economic class with airport’ tax
– Entrance fees
– International air-tickets and airport departure tax.
– Meals not mentioned in the program (between 5 and 7 Euro/meal/person)
– Beverage, personal expense